How long for most builds?

Expecting some new gear from Kiesel Guitars? Post here!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

kreider204

Re: How long for most builds?

Postby kreider204 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:45 am

kreider204 wrote:Ordered my Xccelerator bass on April 3rd, nothing custom or too fancy, still waiting, so that's about 9 weeks so far.

And now 12 weeks. Sigh ...

Serpensbass

Postby Serpensbass » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:30 pm

kreider204 wrote:
kreider204 wrote:Ordered my Xccelerator bass on April 3rd, nothing custom or too fancy, still waiting, so that's about 9 weeks so far.

And now 12 weeks. Sigh ...

I feel your pain, I ordered a vader bass April 2nd...Hopefully soon!

kreider204

Postby kreider204 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:13 pm

Serpensbass wrote:I feel your pain, I ordered a vader bass April 2nd...Hopefully soon!

If you see anything about an Xccelerator with a flamed maple top, let me know! :lol:

thesleeve
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby thesleeve » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:48 pm

I just received my guitar that I ordered 50 days ago, so that might help give a recent estimate. Note that I got essentially the simplest build one could get (default everything, no paint, tung oil finish), so that probably sped things up a bit.

I bet getting any kind of finish probably contributes significantly to the wait time, now that I think about it.
| SH445 | DC127 | TLB60 | Bolt | V59K |
I am an effects pedal design engineer at Source Audio
https://www.youtube.com/user/bgildersleeve

Doctor Doug
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Doctor Doug » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:52 pm

Mine was ready exactly when Chris predicted it would be.

kreider204

Postby kreider204 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:24 am

thesleeve, that's darn quick!

DD, good to know. Mine's running on the tail end of the estimate. Actually, when I went through checkout, it said 9-10 weeks, but when I got the email receipt, it said 10-12. It's been 12 weeks and 2 days ...

GaryL

Postby GaryL » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:29 pm

It will be 12 weeks to the day on July 2nd. Haven't heard a word. I called about a week or so ago and got absolutely no answer except a reiteration of the estimated date i got when i ordered it. I don't think mine is a complicated build.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:43 pm

GaryL wrote:It will be 12 weeks to the day on July 2nd. Haven't heard a word.

Why would you? In your earlier post you said they told you 12 weeks...and that's not until next week. :think:

GaryL wrote: I called about a week or so ago and got absolutely no answer except a reiteration of the estimated date i got when i ordered it.

You sound frustrated that it wasn't completed in week 10 of a 12-week estimate. It's also an *estimated* date, and actual ship dates swing both directions by a few weeks. Some people are 14-15, sometimes its 6.

kreider204

Postby kreider204 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:58 pm

What do you know?! My credit card just got charged for the remainder of my new Xccelerator. :D That's 14 weeks and two days after the order. Assuming a week give or take for shipping, I might have my bass by next weekend!!!

clayyton

Postby clayyton » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:16 am

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it on this thread yet but, in a live walk through of the custom shop last week, Jeff mentioned that orders paid in full are being prioritized (still by date ordered, of course) due to the high volume of orders coming in and limited space for finished guitars to sit waiting for payment. That will certainly be an added variable in wait time, at least for those who haven't paid off their builds. sounds like a bonus for those who have, all the more reason to take care of it at the time of order!
I've only got 3 days until the estimated completion date for my VM8 (ordered on 5/11)! We'll see what happens.

Return to The Waiting Room