Tele bridge

USA Custom Shop Acoustic and Electric Guitars

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

ferd7

Tele bridge

Postby ferd7 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:08 pm

Hey all, I'm just on the front end of exploring a new Kissel and interested in getting something that has that Telecaster type twang. Any of you have thoughts on what bridge pickup would get the closest to that? I have AP11s in my bolt in neck and middle, but not sure if that is the answer.... maybe one of the humbuckers split would work well? Appreciate the comments :)

DannyB819
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Re: Tele bridge

Postby DannyB819 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:19 pm

Get a Tele. No Kiesel pickup, single coil or split humbucker will sounds like a classic Telecaster bridge (or neck for that matter) pickup.

The Johnny Hiland signature pickups will get close, but you still need Johnny's fingers to get that sound.

The Kiesel single coils will get you in Strat territory, but there isn't any comparable Kiesel pickup close to what a Tele does.

ferd7

Re: Tele bridge

Postby ferd7 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:34 pm

Well, that pretty much confirms what I'm researching and hearing on videos and reading on the web. I love the AP11s. I've got an SC90 with an M22T in the bridge.... looking to diversify my sound on the next purchase. Thx for the input!

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars