Dads and grads weekend deals

USA Custom Shop Acoustic and Electric Guitars

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

dbone
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Dads and grads weekend deals

Postby dbone » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:21 pm

dbones Lefties
DC150 M22T/M22V, DC150 M22SD/M22N
DC400A, K12B/K12N, DC600 M22SD/M22V, DC800 A80B/A80N
AE185 C22T/C22N/Piezo, AE185-12 H22T/H22N/Piezo
CT7M KL14B/KL14N, Bolt C22T/AP11/AP11, AC375, CL450, AC275K, SB5000 J99A pups

GuitFiddle
Carvinite
Carvinite

Re: Dads and grads weekend deals

Postby GuitFiddle » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:34 am

...so they skipped over a national holiday honoring the memory of those heroes who gave all, and pony up for a meaningless contrived Hallmark holiday. Nice. Oh well, would have only saved me $30 anyway.
American guitars
British Amps (mostly)
What more do you need?

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:57 am

Well, during that last holiday he was traveling, so perhaps that was a part of it... Maybe he just likes to have promotions when he is home, and his son is also graduating high school this week I believe (his first kid graduating high school), so he's got graduation on the mind.

The free chambering and free upgraded fretboard makes for a pretty okay discount, and I would use it if my next build were either a bolt or a GH3... But unfortunately an sh6 is first, so I wouldn't necessarily benefit all that much from this specific promotion at this time.
Last edited by spudmunkey on Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nombrecomun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Nombrecomun » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:59 am

GuitFiddle wrote:...so they skipped over a national holiday honoring the memory of those heroes who gave all, and pony up for a meaningless contrived Hallmark holiday. Nice. Oh well, would have only saved me $30 anyway.

Keep in mind that they don't have to do any of it. So let's be happy that they even do!

GuitFiddle
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby GuitFiddle » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:08 am

An SH6, eh? Be curious to see what you think of it, as there is almost nothing out there on the interwebz about the SH6 at all. I'll hold my funds until a 22 fret version can be had (one of those would make me proactively order one), or if not available and I reach a place where I just want something like that I'll spring for a PRS S2 Singlecut Semi-hollow. That's a mouthful.
American guitars

British Amps (mostly)

What more do you need?

Big Frank

Postby Big Frank » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:17 pm

pretty sweet deal, if you ask me....i'll be pulling the trigger on tuesday morning :D

dejabluguitar
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby dejabluguitar » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:46 pm

GuitFiddle wrote:...so they skipped over a national holiday honoring the memory of those heroes who gave all, and pony up for a meaningless contrived Hallmark holiday. Nice. Oh well, would have only saved me $30 anyway.

I hope I'm wrong, but are you looking for a reason to be mad at a sale? Which is a positive thing for people to save bucks, no matter when they run it. Not a negative at all.
my cover band http://www.dejabluband.com

my original music
http://www.soundcloud.com/montanestudio
way diffrent than my cover band

Antag

Postby Antag » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:05 pm

I love these sales (& can't believe anyone could find reason to grumble :shock: :lol:). More than one of my Kiesels were ordered because of a sale - I'd been struggling to make my mind up about a particular feature or not 100% convinced I was ready to jump & a special offer/promo made my mind up for me. In one case, it bought another feature that was not on offer within my price range, so I ended up spending more than the original guitar I had been planning :o

If anyone from Kiesel is reading this & is in any doubt: offers WORK :)

GuitFiddle
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby GuitFiddle » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:12 pm

Give me a break, I'm a curmudgeon! :mrgreen:

I just like seeing the patriotism they displayed in the past, where they would call it out and offer discounts on red, white, and blue finishes, stuff like that. Just wait until you're old and crabby, you'll understand. 8)
American guitars

British Amps (mostly)

What more do you need?

wickid
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby wickid » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:15 pm

GuitFiddle just called me. He said you kids need to git off his front lawn! :lol:
Proud Carvin owner since 1985! My Carvin gear time capsule...

Dont miss the purple CT6!
(Any photobucket links are probably now broken. Grrrrrr!!!)

GuitFiddle
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby GuitFiddle » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:17 pm

American guitars

British Amps (mostly)

What more do you need?

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:31 pm

GuitFiddle wrote:An SH6, eh? Be curious to see what you think of it, as there is almost nothing out there on the interwebz about the SH6 at all. I'll hold my funds until a 22 fret version can be had (one of those would make me proactively order one), or if not available and I reach a place where I just want something like that I'll spring for a PRS S2 Singlecut Semi-hollow. That's a mouthful.

That PRS definitely seems to be the one to beat in it's market and price range, and the line has good (at worst) quality. I'm a sucker for customization though, and will gladly pay a little more to make it "mine". Also, and this is petty, but I never liked the way that treble-side fret access cutaway looks on any PRS. I've already got a 22-fret HH single cut in my CS6, so I'm OK with the SH6 being double cut and 24 (but it is a head-scratcher as to why it was launched with only 24).

Does that PRS have a deeper-than-normal body? That's what really appeals to me about the SH6: overall, it's as deep as the SH550, but it's thinner around the perimeter because of the deeper crarved top.

GuitFiddle
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby GuitFiddle » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:48 pm

The S2 has a standard-depth body from what I can tell, which is one of the things that make it a bit weird. The extra depth of the SH6 should get some additional frequency refraction going on in the body and make it more....well, hollow sounding. I'm a little surprised that Kiesel isn't competing directly in that space same though, considering they are most certainly doing so with the rest of the S2 line. They've got the CS3/4 and CT3/4 to give PRS a run for the money in those other areas.
American guitars

British Amps (mostly)

What more do you need?

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars