Hard Cases

USA Custom Shop Acoustic and Electric Guitars

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

X1Glider
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Hard Cases

Postby X1Glider » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:52 am

DesmoBob wrote:
Naked Ape wrote:
X1Glider wrote:Agreed. I say the same thing about ill-fitting $800 motorcycle helmets. It will not protect well if it doesn't fit properly. Yet people will buy an Arai or Shoei even if it doesn't fit their head shape. As such, I'd been using HJC and Scorpions in recent years because they do fit me properly.

:hijack:
Your analogy might go right over peoples heads. :lol: :roll:
Sorry. :oops:
I wore Shoei's for years, then they went to a more 'round head' shape.
Been Arai's ever since, with their 'Round/Oval' shape. Perfect!!
Getting ready for another new one. Sucks that it will cost almost as much as a really nice guitar. If only they retained some resale value. Just wall hangers once retired. :wall:

********** Back to Hardshell cases ***********

Same here. Former Shoei, now Arai.
BTW, I am literally still breathing today because my previous Arai did its job.

Glad you're still with us.

That's all been my reason for switching too. Shoei and Arai can't seem to be consistent year from year in their headshapes. Shoeis have never fit me right and the last Arai Quantum I had changed the next time I needed one. It pretty much sat right up against my face making it hard to breathe without fogging in 100 deg heat even and it would likely immediately transfer any force directly to my chin and nose. The HJC and Scorpion gave me face clearance and actually cradled around my skull very nicely.

Now if only the cases Kiesel provides fit that well like they did 20+ years ago, there would be no need to replace them with an aftermarket one.

A-Ro
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby A-Ro » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:51 am

I’d like to see a partenership with Mono (specifically the Vertigo)! That’s a case/gig bag I’d choose every time if given the option. I personally don’t like the hard cases Kiesel has been using anyway.
Last edited by A-Ro on Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

arahobob
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby arahobob » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:52 pm

An odd decision, but then again I don't always get what comes down from the top around here so it's no big deal.
Is it that difficult to offer both types of cases? Apparently so. Maybe they just don't see enough these days.

The soft case is fine. They take up more room for storage. But they travel just fine - I got one w/ my SCB6 and picked up a tweed Carvin case online. The soft case gets used for any guitar when I'm out and about.
I don't personally store any expensive guitars in gig bags (except for my V7), just the way I way raised I guess.
There's plenty of guys out there selling good cases - I'm not going to worry about it.
Current Carvins:
2010 Bolt (Candy Red Metallic)
2013 Bolt Plus (Koa)
2016 Black n Blue VSEVEN
2017 TT SCB6

Wish List
Some sort of multiscale 6 HSS with RAD ASH
JB Numbers Guitar (July sale has given me the itch!)

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:14 pm

For what it's worth, some PRS models including the Silver Sky, at $2200, only come with a soft case.

arahobob
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby arahobob » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:45 pm

spudmunkey wrote:For what it's worth, some PRS models including the Silver Sky, at $2200, only come with a soft case.

my prs came with a case, so get off of my lawn!
:laughhard:
Current Carvins:
2010 Bolt (Candy Red Metallic)
2013 Bolt Plus (Koa)
2016 Black n Blue VSEVEN
2017 TT SCB6

Wish List
Some sort of multiscale 6 HSS with RAD ASH
JB Numbers Guitar (July sale has given me the itch!)

slayer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby slayer » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:36 pm

Right when I thought it couldn`t get any weirder after som many great model discontinuations and then changing the DC body styling and now no hard cases. I would never buy a new high quality guitar with a gig bag. I only buy them with hard cases. I`ve bought a lot of Carvins and all have hard cases. They may want to think this move.
Bring Back the "ST" Body!!

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:50 pm

slayer wrote:They may want to think this move.

I have to assume they will with enough feedback (like how they came out with the option for a bevel delete and 22-fret Aries), and especially if it affects sales.

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars