Kiesel Logo

USA Custom Shop Acoustic and Electric Guitars

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

KrisHough

Kiesel Logo

Postby KrisHough » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:14 pm

Can the Kiesel logo be done in Mother of Pearl or Abalone on the body of a headless guitar?

UnexplodedCow
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Re: Kiesel Logo

Postby UnexplodedCow » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:28 pm

Ooh, that's a very good question. I'm going to guess yes, since I believe it's CNC cut, but I've never seen it.

That would be classy!
We are entitled to our own, wrong, opinions.

Guitar theorem: G=X+1 where G= guitars one needs, and X = guitars one has.

Do or do not; there is no understand.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:36 pm

I might be wrong, but I don't believe the logos are cut. I believe, unlike the fingerboard inlays, that the decals are thin enough slices that they are just placed on top. I believe this is why they would work so well no matter what the Finish is on the headstock, whether it be a sparkle multi-layered thick paint, or just a super-thin clear finish, without making the routes too small for the inlays with a thick paint, or oversized for inlays with a thinner finish.
Last edited by spudmunkey on Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KrisHough

Postby KrisHough » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:41 pm

I don`t think there is such a thing as Abalone or Mother of pearl "decals".

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:23 pm

KrisHough wrote:I don`t think there is such a thing as Abalone or Mother of pearl "decals".

There sure is. You can get natural shell in incredibly thin pieces/sheets. Like 0.15mm (.006") on Amazon.

I believe this is a CC275, which is MOP now...I don't know if it always was, though...

Skip to 4:01:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA6IukKYymE&feature=youtu.be&t=4m1s

There's gotta be a reason, though, because they don't have a single Vader, HH or CL model in the gallery in any string count with an Abalone logo. :shock: I guess I'm just not-so-sure it's anything to do with those logos being actually inlayed...

MarshallTSL
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby MarshallTSL » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:33 am

Kris,

YES! I have it on three of my Kiesels. The only caveat is there are apparently two logo sizes that they use depending on the headstock. Apparently, they only have the smaller sized one in Mother Of Pearl.

Since it's not on the builder, you have to call the order in. They charged me the same price they would charge for an Abalone inlay.

My first Carvin logo was in Abalone and, cosmetically, just got lost in the headstock finish. Since the lettering is pretty skinny, you need to know that it doesn't "pop" like you would expect a white MOP logo to. But, having said that, I'll only order the logo in MOP for all of my future builds.

Let me know if you'd like me to take a picture and I'll post it.

KrisHough wrote:Can the Kiesel logo be done in Mother of Pearl or Abalone on the body of a headless guitar?
CT6 Deep Blue Quilt, HH2 Claro Walnut, TL60C Black Cherry Quilt, SH65 Master Grade Ziricote, Aries A6X Crimson Flamed Redwood, Aries A6X Blue Hawaii Quilt, Icon 5 Bass Next Up

MarshallTSL
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby MarshallTSL » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:57 am

Kris, I'm sorry, I screwed up your answer.

No inlaid logos on headless bodies.
CT6 Deep Blue Quilt, HH2 Claro Walnut, TL60C Black Cherry Quilt, SH65 Master Grade Ziricote, Aries A6X Crimson Flamed Redwood, Aries A6X Blue Hawaii Quilt, Icon 5 Bass Next Up

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars