2007 Carvin Bolt T Custom NGD for me

Post Pictures of Your Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Gear - No Cowbelling!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Tim-H.

2007 Carvin Bolt T Custom NGD for me

Postby Tim-H. » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:53 pm

I have had several Carvins but I just purchased this yesterday. I am not totally sure if this is what would be considered a bolt custom or just a bolt T but here is the low down.

A fellow here locally had a cousin that died. The fellows surviving dad was selling off his sons stuff. So he put this on ebay and the buyer returned it saying it was damaged. I saw it on craigslist and he had it listed for 350.00 bucks. It has a small finish chip in the clear coat near the bridge and that is why the buyer returned it.

It is a 2007 brand new guitar other than the small chip. This one has the square neck plate with the serial number stamped into it. Stainless frets, 12" radius birds eye maple board, maple neck, curly maple book matched top with an ash body, satin finished neck, gold hardware, wilkinson trem, sperzel locking tuners, matching headstock with curly maple matching the body and gold Carvin logo. It is almost flawless except for the small finish chip. No fret ware at all and it came with the tweed G&G hardcase with the blank warranty cards,sealed allen wrenches and sealed Carvin picks in a baggie.

I went to Kiesel and put in the same option and specs on their current base bolt that starts at 949.00 bucks and it came out to 1820.00 with a 100.00 options discount.

Not too bad for only 350.00!!

It plays better than all of my other guitars. It is the best purchase I have made on a guitar that I want to keep ever. Even if it had some other flaws, I still would have paid the man 350.00 for it. I was actually looking at Carvin bolt guitars online the night before this one popped up on craigslist. I am very happy!!

Tim

ElfDude

Re: 2007 Carvin Bolt T Custom NGD for me

Postby ElfDude » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:38 pm

Wow... that's really nice!
Aries A6H, CS6M, SH445, Contour 66, AE185, DC135, CT4M, Bolt, SH225, LB76F, Nomad, VT16 Head, V410, Pro Bass 100
Midlife Crisis on Facebook
The Tri-Chevys on Facebook

ioneater
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby ioneater » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:02 pm

Congrats! I love my '98 Bolt-T as well. Perfect neck and the combo of C22T and AP11's is very useful. The Wilkinson trem had to go, the knife edges were trash but it was an easy swap to a Hipshot Contour. I had purchased a newer (2013) used Bolt-C after it but couldn't gel with the newer version of neck. They are versatile guitars.

skully13a
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby skully13a » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:38 pm

Nice guitar 8) :D And the price can't be beat.
Great score. :applause:
SH645
V440T
SM212 Stage Master
MB10

Tim-H.

Postby Tim-H. » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:08 pm

Thanks for the nice replies everyone. I have been a fan of Carvin s for years. I let go of a couple I wish I did not sell but I still have my sc90. It is a very pretty guitar too.
I was actually considering purchasing a bolt kit and doing it myself. For some reason i just looked on Craigslist that morning and it was there. I did not think a bolt would play so nice. I am very surprised. I do not know what Carvin pick ups are in this one but they sure sound very nice. The only thing I am not crazy about is the pick guard itself but it is starting to grow on me. I was also considering a new fender strat but this thing blows those away. I went to guitar center today and played some fenders since it has been so long since I owned one and man this Carvin bolt really is way nicer all the way around and it can get that Hendrix or SRV tone too. I am happy!!
Tim

tipover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby tipover » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:24 am

Beautiful! Great find. It was meant for you.
Buy the Bolt Plus kit too! 8)
SC90, Last Run SC90, Bolt-V, DC125, DC127, LB20, TLKit, GK1kit, Vintage16 mini stack

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:44 am

Tim-H. wrote: I am not totally sure if this is what would be considered a bolt custom or just a bolt T but here is the low down.

For what it's worth, there's really no such thing as a "Bolt Custom". Basically, every Carvin/Kiesel is already a custom instrument as there's no "production models", really except maybe if they batch out a couple of JB200C or JB24 models. Even when they do "runs", there's always a menu of available options so they are almost all different. In this case, it's just a Bolt that someone spec'd out (whether it was the original buyer, or a random one that showed up in the Guitars In Stock section of the website or one of their few retail stores from years back)...but that's how they all are. :)

The "T" indicates the specifc bridge. The "T" represents the Wilkinson tremolo. If it were a "Bolt C", the "C" is the designation for the Floyd Rose, "V" is for their Vintage trem, and "F" would be for the FT6 fixed bridge (and on other models, "H" is for the hipshot fixed, "X" is for the headless trem, "S" is the stoptail, "B" is Bigsby, etc).

Tim-H.

Postby Tim-H. » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:42 pm

Okay thanks for clearing that up. I was unclear as I have saw bolt custom listed on them used online. Love it!

spudmunkey wrote:
Tim-H. wrote: I am not totally sure if this is what would be considered a bolt custom or just a bolt T but here is the low down.

For what it's worth, there's really no such thing as a "Bolt Custom". Basically, every Carvin/Kiesel is already a custom instrument as there's no "production models", really except maybe if they batch out a couple of JB200C or JB24 models. Even when they do "runs", there's always a menu of available options so they are almost all different. In this case, it's just a Bolt that someone spec'd out (whether it was the original buyer, or a random one that showed up in the Guitars In Stock section of the website or one of their few retail stores from years back)...but that's how they all are. :)

The "T" indicates the specifc bridge. The "T" represents the Wilkinson tremolo. If it were a "Bolt C", the "C" is the designation for the Floyd Rose, "V" is for their Vintage trem, and "F" would be for the FT6 fixed bridge (and on other models, "H" is for the hipshot fixed, "X" is for the headless trem, "S" is the stoptail, "B" is Bigsby, etc).
Tim

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:55 pm

Tim-H. wrote:Okay thanks for clearing that up. I was unclear as I have saw bolt custom listed on them used online. Love it!

Yeah. that's definitely something you see a lot. It's amusing when you see used listings where people are laying it on super thick...but in reality it's what kiesel does all day every day for almost every customer. Things like "This guitar was custom made for me, to my exact specifications in the California custom shop." Well...yeah...because they ALL are. Few people ask Kiesel/Carvin to make a guitar for someone that isn't them, based on random specifications, in their Atlanta bakery. :laughhard:

At least it's still better than my Ibanez years ago...it had an inlay that said, "CUSTOM MADE" on the fretboard...and it was identical to the one next to it on rack in the store I bought it from...and identical to the two they had at the other store in town. :lol:

ilyti
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby ilyti » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:27 pm

spudmunkey wrote: Things like "This guitar was custom made for me, to my exact specifications in the California custom shop." Well...yeah...because they ALL are. Few people ask Kiesel/Carvin to make a guitar for someone that isn't them, based on random specifications, in their Atlanta bakery

:applause: :laughhard:

Tim-H.

Postby Tim-H. » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:07 pm

I knew all were made to order and I know there was just the bolt and I think there was a bolt plus but with all of the misleading used ones like you said, they really butter the description up real good. I really like how this thing plays and sounds. I guess in the guitar world it is considered a strat or maybe super strat. Now I am gassing for one in their sea foam green color with 3 single coils with a bridge and stop tail piece. I am thinking a dc style with the 3 single coils in that green color would be a sharp ride. Or maybe just another bolt with a trem but not the Floyd rose thing. Maybe even a reverse 6 inline headstock too.

spudmunkey wrote:
Tim-H. wrote:Okay thanks for clearing that up. I was unclear as I have saw bolt custom listed on them used online. Love it!

Yeah. that's definitely something you see a lot. It's amusing when you see used listings where people are laying it on super thick...but in reality it's what kiesel does all day every day for almost every customer. Things like "This guitar was custom made for me, to my exact specifications in the California custom shop." Well...yeah...because they ALL are. Few people ask Kiesel/Carvin to make a guitar for someone that isn't them, based on random specifications, in their Atlanta bakery. :laughhard:

At least it's still better than my Ibanez years ago...it had an inlay that said, "CUSTOM MADE" on the fretboard...and it was identical to the one next to it on rack in the store I bought it from...and identical to the two they had at the other store in town. :lol:
Tim

ioneater
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby ioneater » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:17 pm

Tim-H. wrote:Thanks for the nice replies everyone. I have been a fan of Carvin s for years. I let go of a couple I wish I did not sell but I still have my sc90. It is a very pretty guitar too.
I was actually considering purchasing a bolt kit and doing it myself. For some reason i just looked on Craigslist that morning and it was there. I did not think a bolt would play so nice. I am very surprised. I do not know what Carvin pick ups are in this one but they sure sound very nice. The only thing I am not crazy about is the pick guard itself but it is starting to grow on me. I was also considering a new fender strat but this thing blows those away. I went to guitar center today and played some fenders since it has been so long since I owned one and man this Carvin bolt really is way nicer all the way around and it can get that Hendrix or SRV tone too. I am happy!!

That's pretty funny.....I sold my Strat immediately after receiving and playing the 17yr old (at the time) Bolt! The Carvin's neck and contour were just more comfortable to me. Like you say, a lot more guitar for the money.

Tim-H.

Postby Tim-H. » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:51 pm

Yes it is just enough of a contour to take the edge off of the body. But the pick ups.......man they are awesome. I have had several USA standard strats and 1 vintage one. The vintage one just sucked. That is all I can say about it. It fretted out where the neck bolts to the body and it was freaking heavy as heck. I took files after the frets too trying to get them leveled out.

I do like how fender made some features on the strats to make them play better like the neck tilt adjustment screw and staggered tuning keys. The fit and finish on them are better than gibson as well.

But every fender or gibson I have owned I have always had to take and do a fret job on them. Heck I did one of them tonight as a matter of fact!! LOL!!

But as far as fit and finish Kiesel/Carvin has them beat!

Now I will say that the prestige series of Ibanez are all around fit and finished very well too. Well, at least mine is anyways.

But when it is all said and done, I still always have played my Carvin guitars more than the rest of them over all of the other brands.
Tim

relias7505
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby relias7505 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:42 am

Wow nice Bolt dude!
My Kiesel/Carvin collection: ST300 (M22SD bridge, S60A middle, Twin Blade neck), SCB6 (S22B bridge, S22J neck), Bolt Classic (AP11's in all positions), SH550 (S22T in the neck and bridge), AC375 and CL450. Also a Carvin V3M 50watt head with a Carvin 1x12 cabinet and Fender Jazz Bass.

RockCrue

Postby RockCrue » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:36 pm

I love Bolts. :applause:

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Photo Gallery