And so it begins (again).....

Expecting some new gear from Kiesel Guitars? Post here!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

PJCruz
Carvinite
Carvinite

And so it begins (again).....

Postby PJCruz » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:42 pm

Hey all..

It's been a minute.. some of you MAY remember me.. I have an old V220C I bought in the showroom in Santa Ana (years ago), and then bought a teal ST300C a month later. And then a few years later.. another all walnut beauty ST300C as well. As always.. ALL my Floyd equipped Carvins have NO LOCKING NUT. Never had an issue and it's less pain in the rear to deal with too. Anyways I digress...

I've been GASing for a Jason Becker model ages now but lately I've been just in awe at pics of the headless stuff on Instagram.. so browsing lately in the GIS I saw a few JB "Numbers" guitars in the headless version PLUS with the Black Friday savings I snapped up the "naked" one. =)

Got notification this afternoon of shipping. I should receive it next Tuesday. =) Meanwhile I will continue to "ponder" possibly a K Series to order on Friday.. I probably shouldn't.. but I really want too. LOL!!!

Anyways.. it's good to be back...

ioneater
Carvinite
Carvinite

Re: And so it begins (again).....

Postby ioneater » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:10 am

Good taste! I snagged the other one last week and should get it Tuesday. The SD pickup set is quite versatile on my Becker Vader, I'm expecting similar results with this one.

PJCruz
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby PJCruz » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:03 am

Nice!! That's great to hear. I really do NOT plan to ever change these pickups because it's part of the "signature" of the guitar.. I'm glad they offer a good range.

My two ST300s have active pickups and they work extremely well in them and couldn't be happier. But going active in the Becker numbers is a no go for me. The green and pink ones looked crazy sexy too.. but I decided on the naked one since that's like the original numbers guitar and less "Passion and Warfare." LOL!!

ioneater wrote:Good taste! I snagged the other one last week and should get it Tuesday. The SD pickup set is quite versatile on my Becker Vader, I'm expecting similar results with this one.

PJCruz
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby PJCruz » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:34 pm

So I'll be receiving my Becker JBO6X on Tuesday... today I noticed they added ANOTHER Osiris in the GiS. This one with 3 piece body, gorgeous Burl Popular top, transparent Scarlet and a Bloodwood neck with Walnut. AND it was a 7 string with trem. I think the Bloodwood is what got me though.. since I've never seen it before and thought it was a perfect "compliment" to the red color of the top. So I screamed at the computer screen:

" SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY"

I'll be eating Ramen until Christmas. But I have 2 new Kiesel's on the way to me. It's been a few years.. but it's great to be back!! So 3 Carvins and 2 Kiesels.. My Christmas came early this year!!

Rock on all!!

MisterP

Postby MisterP » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:41 am

So it was you...

I've got my first Osiris being built (O8M), and I'm already considering ordering a 7X as a main axe if it's as good as everybody seems to say... That red scarlet poplar was daaamn sexy, almost made me do something totally unreasonable. Oh well, guess I'll wait a few more months then.

Enjoy and please post pics so we can fantasize a bit :mrgreen:

PJCruz
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby PJCruz » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:29 am

Yes it was me. Thanks.. Yes.. I'm really a "wood" guy.. love the look of the grain patterns and all more than solid colors. My last Carvin was all walnut tung oil. No finish at all.. and it's a sexy beast. This one checked all the boxes so I lost control. =)

Yes.. for sure.. Pics will be a certainty. BTW Fedex updated my shipping info on my Becker Osiris.. it's not arriving tomorrow.. it's arriving TODAY!!!!

Pics will come maybe tomorrow night. I DO want to do an unboxing video.. so the pics will have to come after that.

Rock on!!
MisterP wrote:So it was you...

I've got my first Osiris being built (O8M), and I'm already considering ordering a 7X as a main axe if it's as good as everybody seems to say... That red scarlet poplar was daaamn sexy, almost made me do something totally unreasonable. Oh well, guess I'll wait a few more months then.

Enjoy and please post pics so we can fantasize a bit :mrgreen:

PJCruz
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby PJCruz » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:15 pm

My Jason Becker Numbers Osiris arrived today (see other forum thread).. and I got notification on shipping for the O7X I purchased.. should be here on Thursday!!

Should be exciting...

PJCruz
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby PJCruz » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:28 pm

Here's my two latest acquisitions... A Becker Tribute Numbers Osiris and a Osiris 7 string with trem.

The Becker arrived Tuesday. The 7 String this afternoon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to The Waiting Room