NGD - MasterGrade Burled Maple SCB6

Post Pictures of Your Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Gear - No Cowbelling!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

SolidOrangeTiger

NGD - MasterGrade Burled Maple SCB6

Postby SolidOrangeTiger » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:53 pm

I'll have outdoor pics for everyone tomorrow as FedEx waited until 5PM to deliver and I ran out of sunlight.

Nevertheless, one of these showed up today:

I wonder might be inside? It had this weird tag attached...

I'll stop teasing. Enjoy!

EDIT: Pickups Swapped to Bareknuckle Rebel Yells. :o

The tremolo cavity cover and truss rod cover did not come from Kiesel. The former is tung-oiled Koa and latter is high-gloss Koa. I originally specc'ed the guitar with a tung-oiled purpleheart truss rod cover... Haven't decided which one I like more yet.

Overall, she plays even better than she looks. That baked board is next-level and I'm very surprised in the amount figuring I got with standard BMF. I don't think I like the Lithiums in this one as much as I do my Crescent, though. I've had a set of Battle Worn Gold Bare Knuckle Rebel Yells in my drawer waiting for the right guitar, too... I might just have my local luthier fit them on.

I'll figure that out later though. For now, I couldn't be happier and can't seem to put this guitar down! :rockon:
Last edited by SolidOrangeTiger on Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kiesel Arsenal:
--- C6C: Orangeburst Quilted Maple Cap with Blackburst Edges over Black Limba. (2018)
--- SCB6X: Trans Orange/Crimson Red V-Burst Mastergrade Burl Maple Cap over Koa. Baked BMF KTB. (2019)

Dometalican
Carvinite
Carvinite

Re: NGD - MasterGrade Burled Maple SCB6

Postby Dometalican » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:58 pm

DEAR...GOD....
Rig goals:
1 A6C
2 AC375 (or AC475; 7-string preferred)
3 Carvin V3412
4 X64
5 Carvin BX1600
6 DC700C (27" scale)
7 Extended scale or Multiscale 6-string Bass
8 AM8/KVM8
9 K6CX/SCB6CX/DC6CX (26.5"/27" scale)
For fun:
10. CT73C
11. V59K/LB75

Pickup Post that may help you!

Toptube
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Toptube » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:26 pm

Man that is really nice. Its a lot-----but manages balance. You could just keep rotating it forever. :rockon:

SolidOrangeTiger

Postby SolidOrangeTiger » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:12 pm

Dometalican wrote:DEAR...GOD....

Burled Maple has a way of doing that to me, too. :D

Toptube wrote:Man that is really nice. Its a lot-----but manages balance. You could just keep rotating it forever. :rockon:

Yeah for sure, this one is loaded up with specs. I really like the way it all blends together, though. Especially with the Koa truss rod cover which is the one I decided to keep installed. I'm OCD about consistency, which is why there are hints of maple, koa, gold, and abalone across every part of the front of the guitar. Purpleheart felt like the right contrast to use for the theming on the back, and the colors red, orange, and purple all have personal meaning to me, too.
Last edited by SolidOrangeTiger on Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kiesel Arsenal:
--- C6C: Orangeburst Quilted Maple Cap with Blackburst Edges over Black Limba. (2018)
--- SCB6X: Trans Orange/Crimson Red V-Burst Mastergrade Burl Maple Cap over Koa. Baked BMF KTB. (2019)

amispy
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby amispy » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:36 am

Wow that's stunning! I have a couple of baked KTB boards. They look amazing. Enjoy your new guitar!
AE185, 2 x A6H, AB5, Bolt, Cobalt 750T, DC200T, 2 x DC7X, D6H, 2 x D6X, JB200C, JH6, LB75, PB5, V220M, KV6X, 2 x V59K

dbone
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby dbone » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:00 am

That’s a beauty, enjoy your NGD!
dbones Lefties
SH550 M22SD M22N
DC150 M22T/M22V, DC150 M22SD/M22N
DC400A, K12B/K12N, DC600 M22SD/M22V, DC800 A80B/A80N
AE185 C22T/C22N/Piezo, AE185-12 H22T/H22N/Piezo
CT7M KL14B/KL14N, Bolt C22T/AP11/AP11, AC375, CL450, AC275K, SB5000 J99A pups

Doctor Doug
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby Doctor Doug » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:00 am

That is a sexy build!! Well thought out options.
:applause:
facebook.com/hamfistrocks

SolidOrangeTiger

Postby SolidOrangeTiger » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:03 am

As promised, here are the outdoor photos. Excuse the setting - I live in an apartment in urban Atlanta.

EDIT: Photos are being flipped when I embed them in this post, but they're correct orientation at the source:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/kiesel-scb/SCB6+-+Outdoor.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/kiesel-scb/SCB6+-+Outdoor+Back.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/kiesel-scb/SCB6+-+Fretboard.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/kiesel-scb/Kiesel.jpg

Powertube has kindly fixed this below. :applause:
Last edited by SolidOrangeTiger on Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kiesel Arsenal:

SolidOrangeTiger

Postby SolidOrangeTiger » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:15 am

Thanks for the comments all! NGD was awesome and the day after is even better. I do think I'll have those BK Rebel Yells fitted to this one though - Right now the guitar has sparkling trebles, subtle mids, and smooth low end. It still sounds great presently, but I think the Rebel Yells will really bring out those beautiful high-mids and make the guitar sound even more powerful.
Kiesel Arsenal:

Naked Ape
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby Naked Ape » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:12 pm

Beautiful guitar!
Good call going with the Black Saddles. I think that's going to help balance things out, when you install the BK's.
Congratulations!
Make sure you give a tone report, after you do the pickup swap.

SolidOrangeTiger

Postby SolidOrangeTiger » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:22 pm

Naked Ape wrote:Beautiful guitar
Good call going with the Black Saddles. I think that's going to help balance things out, when you install the BK's.
Congratulations!
Make sure you give a tone report, after you do the pickup swap.

Will do. Gave my local tech a call and he's backed up until next week, so it'll be a bit. Gonna need to do a small amount of routing to make it work.

The black saddles are actually due to me requesting the Acoustic Saddle System. The only saddles Kiesel has that have Piezos are the black ones. I think you're right though - The pickups I'm installing are gold with black poles so they should match very well.
Kiesel Arsenal:

southdakota
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby southdakota » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:40 am

Stunning! Congrats!
http://www.soundcloud.com/natebauer
http://www.facebook.com/retroactive.rock.roll

------------------------------------------
Kiesel/Carvin GEAR:
Kiesel Bolt, Carvin CS3, 80's DN 612, x100B Series IV, Belaire, EM900

Doctor Doug
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby Doctor Doug » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:59 am

I dropped a set of Rebel Yells into my second CS6. They're pretty awesome.
facebook.com/hamfistrocks

SolidOrangeTiger

Postby SolidOrangeTiger » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:21 am

So, in a pretty crazy turn of events, on 02/18 I got offered a promotion to work on deploying 5G in my home town in North Carolina (I'm a Telco Engineer by day). Very excited for the opportunity and just finished settling in.

Anyways, my SCB6 has been dropped off with my favorite hometown luthier. I should have it back in 2-3 weeks with the Rebel Yells installed.
Kiesel Arsenal:

skully13a
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby skully13a » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:01 pm

Wow :shock: That guitar looks amazing. Nicely done. :applause: :applause:
SH645
V440T
SM212 Stage Master
MB10

PowerTube
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby PowerTube » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:58 pm

Hey, that guitar is way too gorgeous for small, flipped-over pics.

If I may....

Click to see my babies:

ImageImage

SolidOrangeTiger

Postby SolidOrangeTiger » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:36 pm

PowerTube wrote:Hey, that guitar is way too gorgeous for small, flipped-over pics.

If I may....

Thanks for fixing the outdoor photos! My images actually aren't flipped over at the source; I'm guessing the forum didn't like the resolution of them when I embedded them in the post.

Regardless of whatever happened, thanks again!
Kiesel Arsenal:

PowerTube
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby PowerTube » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:42 am

SolidOrangeTiger wrote:
PowerTube wrote:Hey, that guitar is way too gorgeous for small, flipped-over pics.

If I may....

Thanks for fixing the outdoor photos! My images actually aren't flipped over at the source; I'm guessing the forum didn't like the resolution of them when I embedded them in the post.

Regardless of whatever happened, thanks again!

No sweat!

:)
Click to see my babies:

ImageImage

SolidOrangeTiger

Postby SolidOrangeTiger » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:38 am

Just got her back from my local luthier with the pickup swap completed. New pickups are a calibrated set of Bare Knuckle Battleworn Rebel Yells. I haven't had the chance to plug in yet, but he did a phenomenal job per usual!

For anyone in the Charlotte NC area, massive shout out to NC Guitar Works. I'm pretty handy at doing my own work, but these are the only other people I trust in the area for jobs bigger than me (mostly involving word-working). They do get pretty high volume, so you'll be waiting 2-3 weeks/job, but in my opinion the quality of work is worth it.

I also asked my local tech to fill in some of the details surrounding pickup swaps for direct-mount Kiesels. Learnings there are posted here:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=51055

For now...

EDIT:
Detailed tone report in the other thread. :)

If you want a TL;DR -

WOW.
THIS. THING. ROCKS. :rockon:
Kiesel Arsenal:

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Photo Gallery