A really good idea for Kiesel...

Expecting some new gear from Kiesel Guitars? Post here!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

AdamKralic

A really good idea for Kiesel...

Postby AdamKralic » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:42 am

Would be to take pictures of your guitar as it is being built. Not just for a few guitars at finish stage. Every guitar at several stages. Send these to the customer as they wait. It’ll build anticipation, cause the consumer to talk about their purchase more frequently on social media and perhaps inspire a few impulse buys along the way. Not talking about anything more complicated than a cell phone pic mind you. The quality of said pics is easily sufficient for the purpose.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Re: A really good idea for Kiesel...

Postby spudmunkey » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:47 am

Yeah, it would definitely be cool. They do offer this as a part of their Kiesel Edition upgrade package... but those are really special builds... only like 10-15 per year.
Last edited by spudmunkey on Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

MarshallTSL
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Re: A really good idea for Kiesel...

Postby MarshallTSL » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:18 am

Adam, Jeff's discussed this in the past several times. The issue has to do with the cost of having a photographer on staff plus the amount of "progress" any guitar makes in any given day. Also, (and I'm SO guilty of this) a picture of the guitar at an awkward phase of build may look like ass. And, the last thing you want is to feel let down before you see it finished. For example, I got pictures of my TL60 during its build (long story why), and as soon as I saw the untreated top, I flipped, not in a good way.

I've attached two pics, one unfinished, the other finished. You choose.

In process Carvin TL60.jpg

Carvin TL60C Almost Done! 2014-01-15.jpg

AdamKralic wrote:Would be to take pictures of your guitar as it is being built. Not just for a few guitars at finish stage. Every guitar at several stages. Send these to the customer as they wait. It’ll build anticipation, cause the consumer to talk about their purchase more frequently on social media and perhaps inspire a few impulse buys along the way. Not talking about anything more complicated than a cell phone pic mind you. The quality of said pics is easily sufficient for the purpose.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IN THE OVEN: Icon 5 Quilt Spalt, Solo 6x Burl Walnut. In rotation: Aries A6X Blue Hawaii Quilt, Aries A6X Crimson Flamed Redwood, SH65 Master Grade Ziricote, TL60C Black Cherry Quilt, HH2 Claro Walnut, CT6 Deep Blue Quilt

Return to The Waiting Room