Carvin logo on a new build?

USA Custom Shop Acoustic and Electric Guitars

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

smoobg
Links/Contact:

Carvin logo on a new build?

Postby smoobg » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:53 pm

Hey All, I read on a comment somewhere that you can request to get the Carvin logo on a new build. Is this true? Not sure if I'd want to, but everything else I own has the Carvin logo on it...

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Re: Carvin logo on a new build?

Postby spudmunkey » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:24 am

It's the other way around. When the company name changed back to Kiesel, they have a few Carvin branded models that you could get badged as a Kiesel if you wanted, but everything that was launched as a Kiesel could only ever be a Kieael.Kiesel over time, as models got updated, they were rebrands with the Kiesel name and logo, and going back to Carvin isnt an option on those models. Nowadays the only "Carvin" branded guitar you can still get is the JB200C.

Just look at Kiesel as being the actual name of the man/men responsible for your other Carvin guitars. :)

amispy
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby amispy » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:26 pm

I wish you could still get a Carvin logo. I get it that Kiesel is the family name, but the Carvin brand is close to my heart. Regardless of which name is on my headstock, I still love each of my Carvin / Kiesel axes. :D
AE185, 2 x A6H, AB5, Bolt, Cobalt 750T, DC200T, 2 x DC7X, D6H, 2 x D6X, JB200C, JH6, LB75, PB5, V220M, KV6X, 2 x V59K

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:59 pm

I get it. It's almost the opposite of the "Fender" name. In the Kiesel case, the company name now represents the people designing and building the guitars. With Fender, the "L" in G&L is for Leo Fender...and Leo Fender wasn't even a part of Fender anymore at that point...so which the "true Fender"? The one he was with later, or the first one with his last name that he no longer was a part of? People have been arguing that for years and years, too... :lol:

For the most part early on, new models were all launched as Kiesel*, but they kept existing models as "Carvin" until they were updated (even slightly), and re-launched as Kiesel.

*for some reason I don't understand, the GH24 was launched as a Carvin even though they were already launching models as Kiesel...but that model's been retired since then and essentially replaced in their lineup by the bevel delete Aries, so...that was eventually moot...

smoobg
Links/Contact:

Postby smoobg » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:50 am

What Amispy said. The Carvin brand has been around 50+ years. Everybody knows Carvin, but I'll have to explain to everyone who sees my Kiesel about how they used to be Carvin, but it's still the same company who changed their name, etc., etc. It's fine, though. People will get an education about kiesel...

slayer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby slayer » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:26 pm

I prefer the Carvin name myself and would only buy JB200C`s from now on.
Bring Back the "ST" Body!!

Doctor Doug
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby Doctor Doug » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:28 pm

I don't really care all that much about logos. So no biggie.

It would be kind of cool to have one 'Carvin' though. The one guitar I have from the Carvin years was a kit.
facebook.com/hamfistrocks

amispy
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby amispy » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:46 am

amispy wrote:
slayer wrote:I prefer the Carvin name myself and would only buy JB200C`s from now on.

I just got a JB200C from the instock section. Wow does it sound great!
https://www.kieselguitars.com/guitars-in-stock/142292
AE185, 2 x A6H, AB5, Bolt, Cobalt 750T, DC200T, 2 x DC7X, D6H, 2 x D6X, JB200C, JH6, LB75, PB5, V220M, KV6X, 2 x V59K

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars