Gambale neck pickup (6 poles)

General Technical Discussion

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Srini
Gold Member
Gold Member

Gambale neck pickup (6 poles)

Postby Srini » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:06 am

Anybody have any thoughts on this? There's a video I watched that compared the Gambale to the Berylliums, and though I liked both, I preferred the Gambale neck, albeit only very, very slightly. Anybody know what magnets are in it? The Gambale seemed a tad more touch sensitive than the Berylliums - could be the demo too, so it's hard to tell.

Srini

ElfDude

Re: Gambale neck pickup (6 poles)

Postby ElfDude » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:54 am

I haven't had the opportunity to try out the Beryllium pickups or the new Gambale neck pickup. I have one of the older ones.. the FG22N. It's very nice. But I bet the new one is better.
Aries A6H, CS6M, SH445, Contour 66, AE185, DC135, CT4M, Bolt, Bolt T, SH225, LB76F, Nomad, VT16 Head, V410, Pro Bass 100
Midlife Crisis on Facebook
The Tri-Chevys on Facebook

Srini
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Srini » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:49 pm

Thanks Elf. I imagine the new Gambale has the same character, right? Do you happen to know what magnets they used?

ElfDude

Postby ElfDude » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:42 am

On the new one? I don't! The website isn't very helpful, is it?
Aries A6H, CS6M, SH445, Contour 66, AE185, DC135, CT4M, Bolt, Bolt T, SH225, LB76F, Nomad, VT16 Head, V410, Pro Bass 100
Midlife Crisis on Facebook
The Tri-Chevys on Facebook

Srini
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Srini » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:23 am

Not at all! They barely even mention it. I was very seriously considering asking them if they will let me substitute it for a Beryllium neck, but I don't plan on placing the order for a couple more months, so maybe they'll update their site.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:21 pm

Srini wrote: I don't plan on placing the order for a couple more months, so maybe they'll update their site.

:) :D :mrgreen: :lol: :laughhard:

:wall:

HarlowTheFish
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby HarlowTheFish » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:12 pm

Yeah they're generally not great at updating the website for most things. You're probably better off getting in touch with them and asking about it.

Srini
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Srini » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:50 pm

HarlowTheFish wrote:Yeah they're generally not great at updating the website for most things. You're probably better off getting in touch with them and asking about it.

Yup - I plan to do that before formalizing the order. It does seem like a viable option, doesn't it?

HarlowTheFish
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby HarlowTheFish » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:53 pm

Yeah. From what I've heard of the FG pickup online it's a pretty sweet pickup. A little too fat under gain for my tastes, but for your use case it would probably work really well.

Srini
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Srini » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:34 pm

HarlowTheFish wrote:Yeah. From what I've heard of the FG pickup online it's a pretty sweet pickup. A little too fat under gain for my tastes, but for your use case it would probably work really well.

You're right - fat under gain is exactly what I want!

Return to Tech Talk