NGD!!! Vader 7X

Post Pictures of Your Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Gear - No Cowbelling!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Jack'O'Licious
Gold Member
Gold Member
Links/Contact:

NGD!!! Vader 7X

Postby Jack'O'Licious » Fri May 15, 2020 4:09 pm

So I ordered a Bader on Black Friday. It just got here today. 24 weeks on the day lol.

Specs:

V7X VADER HEADLESS 7 w/TREM
ASH SWAMP ASH BODY
AAT ANTIQUE ASH TREATMENT
FDQ DEEP AQUA BURST OVER FLAME MAPLE
CMB CHAMBERED BODY
RNC REAR BODY/NECK NATURAL CLEAR
5LM 5-PC BLK LIMBA w/WHT MAPLE
TN TUNG OIL FINISH BACK OF NECK
BMF BIRDSEYE MAPLE FRETBOARD
KTB KIESEL TREATED BOARD -aqua
ISOD STAGGERED OFFSET DOT INLAYS
ILL LUMINLAY INLAYS
STJF STAINLESS STEEL JUMBO FRET
CAP ADD CENTER POSITION AP
KLS INSTALL Lithium Single Coil
34 PUSH PULL TONE COIL SPLIT
404 WHITE PICKUP
WL WHITE LOGO
AK METAL KNOBS WITH ABALONE
SC9 ULTIMATE SOFT HEADLESS

I have lithium’s on my DCM8 but for some reason they surprised me on this build. The DC is Alder with a 5 piece maple neck and it isn't chambered like this Vader is. Maybe that’s the difference but this Vader sounds awesome with my 5150 & Mesa Setups on my axe fx II but with the coil split this thing gets so twangy and stratty. I’ve never had it sound so spanky and SRVish on my DC like I get with this Vader. This was supposed to be a workhorse that would cover all of my wants and needs. Seems like it will do just that. Blues to djent lol.

My one and only complaint, is that I got AAT and I was under the impression that the ash would be like a light gray color. In person mine doesn’t look gray at all, it’s more of a lightish off brown. It’s ok I guess though, because it blends great with the black limba maple neck BUT I was actually looking forward to the contrast of the darker limba with the gray and letting the gray blend in well with the aqua burst. I guess I can let it grow on me but man, anything negative is hard to swallow when paying that much for a guitar lol. If I had known it would be more like a brown I would have got the natural binding on the bevel but I thought it might look silly with the aqua/clear flame/gray AAT so I opted out. I REALLY wish I could have added the black layer but its not worth the cost imo and the bevel binding would have helped.

I still think it looks amazing and the guitar is a beast for sure. The Luminlay dots are sweet. Abalone would have looked great too but I am satidfied with that choice. It really impresses people who don't play or know anything about guitars when part of it glows in the dark haha.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kiesel's:
2017 DCM8, 2016 A7H

Other's:
Cheap Peavey Strat (1st axe ever), Ernie Ball JP13, 2018 Dingwall NG-3 5 string, 2017 Warwick RB Corvette 6 string

theleftylair
Gold Member
Gold Member
Links/Contact:

Re: NGD!!! Vader 7X

Postby theleftylair » Fri May 15, 2020 5:11 pm

Jack'O'Licious wrote:My one and only complaint, is that I got AAT and I was under the impression that the ash would be like a light gray color. In person mine doesn’t look gray at all, it’s more of a lightish off brown. It’s ok I guess though, because it blends great with the black limba maple neck BUT I was actually looking forward to the contrast of the darker limba with the gray and letting the gray blend in well with the aqua burst. I guess I can let it grow on me but man, anything negative is hard to swallow when paying that much for a guitar lol. If I had known it would be more like a brown I would have got the natural binding on the bevel but I thought it might look silly with the aqua/clear flame/gray AAT so I opted out. I REALLY wish I could have added the black layer but its not worth the cost imo and the bevel binding would have helped.

This surprises me too. I thought when you got AAT it was gray, unless you had them apply a finish over it. I know they offer the graphite finish which is very dark gray, but my perception was that AAT = light gray color. Maybe somebody can correct us if we are wrong here.

It definitely compliments the limba and maple neck nicely. That said, it is always hard a pill to swallow when you receive something that isn't quite what you were expecting. That happened on $5k Pensa I once owned. Waited like 7 months and opened the case, and it wasn't quite what I was expecting. Bothered me every time I played it. Of course, I hope this doesn't happen to you.
Current Builds (of course lefties): Double-Neck Osiris, HD-FG2, CAM6, and DCM6 ///Past Kiesels: CS624, HH2 (Fretless), and CC275
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theleftylair/

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Fri May 15, 2020 5:41 pm

AAT tricks cameras. Most cameras' automatic white balance sees the natural ash color, and thinks it needs to make it whiter. They look more golden IRL ,unless they are darkened enough. Once you start sanding it back, the warmth of the natural wood color starts to come back.

Take a look at most of the blue arctic Kiesel's, and the wood looks very bleached-out. They arent like that in person.

Jack'O'Licious
Gold Member
Gold Member
Links/Contact:

Postby Jack'O'Licious » Fri May 15, 2020 6:10 pm

theleftylair wrote:
Jack'O'Licious wrote:My one and only complaint, is that I got AAT and I was under the impression that the ash would be like a light gray color. In person mine doesn’t look gray at all, it’s more of a lightish off brown. It’s ok I guess though, because it blends great with the black limba maple neck BUT I was actually looking forward to the contrast of the darker limba with the gray and letting the gray blend in well with the aqua burst. I guess I can let it grow on me but man, anything negative is hard to swallow when paying that much for a guitar lol. If I had known it would be more like a brown I would have got the natural binding on the bevel but I thought it might look silly with the aqua/clear flame/gray AAT so I opted out. I REALLY wish I could have added the black layer but its not worth the cost imo and the bevel binding would have helped.

This surprises me too. I thought when you got AAT it was gray, unless you had them apply a finish over it. I know they offer the graphite finish which is very dark gray, but my perception was that AAT = light gray color. Maybe somebody can correct us if we are wrong here.

It definitely compliments the limba and maple neck nicely. That said, it is always hard a pill to swallow when you receive something that isn't quite what you were expecting. That happened on $5k Pensa I once owned. Waited like 7 months and opened the case, and it wasn't quite what I was expecting. Bothered me every time I played it. Of course, I hope this doesn't happen to you.

It’s ok, it doesn’t bother me at all. It still looks awesome I am not let down in the slightest. I’ve been playing it for hours lol. It even looks grayish in the pics I took haha. Even still, this one is a keeper.
Kiesel's:
2017 DCM8, 2016 A7H

Other's:
Cheap Peavey Strat (1st axe ever), Ernie Ball JP13, 2018 Dingwall NG-3 5 string, 2017 Warwick RB Corvette 6 string

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Photo Gallery