Deep Body Binding for Beveled Edges option

USA Custom Shop Acoustic and Electric Guitars

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

didacus

Deep Body Binding for Beveled Edges option

Postby didacus » Mon May 18, 2020 11:19 am

Hi all,

I'm not sure about the Deep Body Binding for beveled edges (DBBEB) option.

Some guitars have a stripe on their body that separates another area of different color, and I don't like this configuration. Is this the DBBEB option (See first pic).

I love the configuration of the second pic, but I can see the DBBEB option. I'm totally confused.

Thanks,
Diego
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Re: Deep Body Binding for Beveled Edges option

Postby spudmunkey » Mon May 18, 2020 11:26 am

didacus wrote:Hi all,

I'm not sure about the Deep Body Binding for beveled edges (DBBEB) option.

Some guitars have a stripe on their body that separates another area of different color, and I don't like this configuration. Is this the DBBEB option (See first pic).

I love the configuration of the second pic, but I can see the DBBEB option. I'm totally confused.

Thanks,
Diego

The top one, the single cut, does not have any sort of BBE/BBEB/DBBEB option. It's just Deep Aquaburst on flamed maple, and then they added the RNC (rear natural clear). RNC only refers to the body wood, and not the figured wood top. On models with a bevel, though, the 'rear" body wood is visible when you look at the front of the guitar, so that "rear" finish does end up wrapping around the front a little, but still stops when it meets the top wood.

The bottom one, the Vader double-cut, has DBBEB. The beveled edge of the flamed maple top was taped off, so it doesn't have color on it, but it still does have the intiaial "deep" (aka grain-darkening/enhancing stain) to make the figuring pop, and look a little more silver-y. The rest of the body is just painted the same as the top, because they didn't alto add the "RNC" (rear natural clear) option.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Mon May 18, 2020 11:28 am

Which model are you considering? Post it here, and we can pull together images that of other builds to show where the paint lines would stop with the different options.

didacus

Postby didacus » Mon May 18, 2020 12:20 pm

Thanks. The model I had in mind is a V6 Vader like the second picture.
Here's my configuration in the imaged attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

theleftylair
Gold Member
Gold Member
Links/Contact:

Postby theleftylair » Mon May 18, 2020 12:27 pm

didacus wrote:Thanks. The model I had in mind is a V6 Vader like the second picture.
Here's my configuration in the imaged attached.

Here is an example that shows off the DBBEB. Along the left side of the body, you can see a strip that is flamed maple but not painted. It is the strip of body between the colored flame maple top and the antique ash body. You can also see it on the right side of the body near the horn. This is the DBBEB effect on a Vader.

If you are buying a Vader only look at examples of DBBEB on Vaders. It will look widely different on Zeus, Aries, SCB, etc models because they have the large bevel in their design.

132964b.jpg
Last edited by theleftylair on Mon May 18, 2020 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current Builds (of course lefties): Double-Neck Osiris, HD-FG2, CAM6, and DCM6 ///Past Kiesels: CS624, HH2 (Fretless), and CC275
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theleftylair/

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Mon May 18, 2020 12:32 pm

Standard:
(aquaburst is painted everywhere)
standard.jpg

RNC (Rear natural clear):
(Just like "standard" example, but the body wood is clear. No "binding" options were selected, so the beveled edge keeps the color from the top of the guitar)
RNC.jpg

DBBEB:
(Aquaburst is painted everywhere, except for the beveled edge of the top wood)

RNC + DBBEB:
(The rear body wood is clear, and so is the edge of the top wood. The "Deep" in "Deep body binding" refers to how that natural edge of the top still has the silvery color to it, since that's the first finish step for any of the "deep" finishes, like "deep aquaburst")

didacus

Postby didacus » Mon May 18, 2020 12:46 pm

Finally, I've got it. Thank you so much for your incredible help. :)
I love the DBBEB option. I'll add it to my options and I'll be ready to order.

Thanks again.

Jack'O'Licious
Gold Member
Gold Member
Links/Contact:

Postby Jack'O'Licious » Wed May 20, 2020 5:10 am

Man Spud, Kiesel should have you on payroll, lol.
Kiesel's:
2017 DCM8, 2016 A7H

Other's:
Cheap Peavey Strat (1st axe ever), Ernie Ball JP13, 2018 Dingwall NG-3 5 string, 2017 Warwick RB Corvette 6 string

dbone
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby dbone » Wed May 20, 2020 9:22 pm

Great job Spud, that’s way easier to comprehend!
dbones Lefties
SH550 M22SD M22N
DC150 M22T/M22V, DC150 M22SD/M22N
DC400A, K12B/K12N, DC600 M22SD/M22V, DC800 A80B/A80N
AE185 C22T/C22N/Piezo, AE185-12 H22T/H22N/Piezo
CT7M KL14B/KL14N, Bolt C22T/AP11/AP11, AC375, CL450, AC275K, SB5000 J99A pups

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars