My first kiesel build

Advice and tips on building a Carvin Guitars kit.

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy, RockCrue, soundchick

LBGuitar

My first kiesel build

Postby LBGuitar » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:03 am

Hey everyone,

I’m planning my first Kiesel build and I think I have all the spec’s down but I would like any advice from you all with more experience in case I am missing something. I am currently planning on going with a vanquish model with a mahogany body (sustain), maple neck, ebony fretboard, Ebony headstock, satin matte finish, black hardware, Holdsworth pickups and in the tobacco burst finish. Let me know anything about your experiences, what you might consider changing and why. Thanks.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Re: My first kiesel build

Postby spudmunkey » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:46 am

The only thing I'd have to add, is to make sure you're clear on what 'tobacco burst" is. Not every company's is the same, and Kiesel's is quite different from some.

Kiesel's is a transparent yellow, with an opaque black paint burst edge. Many other companies seem to use warm browns or reds in the bursts, or the burst edges are a bit transparent. I'm not saying that you aren't allowed to like Kiesel's just because it's different, but thought it was worth mentioning.

Kiesel's "seafoam green" is also quite different from a lot of other companies' seafoam green.

If you google "kiesel tobacco vanquish", there's one example of it, done with the thin satin "raw tone" clear top coat finish.

Return to Builder's Forum