Replacement tuners for Kiesel locking tuners

USA Custom Shop Acoustic and Electric Guitars

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, soundchick, peb, ChrisH, Bundy, RockCrue

RDF

Replacement tuners for Kiesel locking tuners

Postby RDF » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:09 pm

I have had tuning stability issues with the Carvin strat I built years ago after I switched to the Kiesel locking tuners and would like to change them out for regular, non-locking tuners. What tuners are compatible with the screw holes and routs? Can I drop in any old strat tuners?

Rocky
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Replacement tuners for Kiesel locking tuners

Postby Rocky » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:07 am

I don't have a Kiesel with their branded tuners. My last Kiesel was a headless. I do have an older Carvin Bolt, but it's got Spertzel locking tuners. I don't have any tuning issues with this guitar.

Here is a thread that has some information on the tuners. Maybe this will help?
viewtopic.php?t=52314

If the tuners are defective and need to be replaced, you could give Kiesel a call. They sent me new Graphtech saddles for my NS1 at no charge and it is out of warranty. I think Albert is the guy who helped me.

I only put locking tuners on my guitars. Mostly because it is faster and easier to change the strings. There are quite a few brands out there and bound to be one that is a drop in replacement. My favorite are the Planet Waves tuners.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:12 am

I've heard people say that the Kiesel locking tuners are an exact drop-in match for a specific G&L tuner, but don't have much info beyond that.

helldorado
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby helldorado » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:03 am

The two-pin Fenders, the pins don't align. So you would have to drill for new pins. I did some measuring and research and my estimate was Schaller M6 *should* be drop-in. We think Jin Ho might manufacture the tuners for Kiesel, but that's unconfirmed.

You can check my thread here
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=52314

I think it's a standard 10mm hole, so you technically could get a universal tuner or something with a mounting screw, but it's a question if you want to drill / screw new holes into your headstock.

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars