NGD: Vader VM8

Post Pictures of Your Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Gear - No Cowbelling!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, soundchick, peb, ChrisH, Bundy, RockCrue

Dies_Irae77

NGD: Vader VM8

Postby Dies_Irae77 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:51 pm

Hey, everyone! I ordered this Vader VM8 way back in June, and I finally got it in today. It's awesome! It looks great, it sounds great for what I want to use it for, and I love it!

Here's some photos:
Kiesel Vader VM8 Final.jpg

Body w/flash, so you can see the Flamed Maple Top in Nightburst with Thin Blackburst Edge better:
Kiesel Vader VM8 Final Body.jpg

Back:
Kiesel Vader VM8 Final Back.jpg

Back w/flash. The grain on the Blacked Out Ash is way better in person than I even imagined, and the Walnut/Bloodwood neck (Thinner Neck Profile) looks and feels great:
Kiesel Vader VM8 Final Back Close-Up.jpg

The pickups are Lithium Neck and Illusionist Bridge. After messing with some tones today, I find that these pickups sound great. I like the chime-like sound of the Lithium Neck, though I understand why some find it too thin. The Illusionist is great for modern metal and djent!

Other specs: Ebony fretboard (with less color variation), Tung Oil neck, clear gloss body finish, rear natural clear back, pearl dot inlays, black hardware, stainless steel med-jumbo frets, white logo, and straplocks.

Shout out to Chris for taking the order! Also, thanks to the forum regulars who answered my questions while I was considering my options before ordering. I couldn't be happier with my purchase. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Please REGISTER or LOG IN.
New owner of a Kiesel!
Guitars: Kiesel Vader VM8 (2021), Gibson Les Paul Studio Fireburst (2008), Ibanez RG8004, Takamine G440C Acoustic
Bass Guitars: Ernie Ball Music Man 25th Anniversary Reflex 5-String HSS, Fender Jazz Bass (Made in Mexico), Fender Kingman Acoustic Bass

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Re: NGD: Vader VM8

Postby spudmunkey » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:54 pm

Ooh, nice! Nightburst looks awesome with that extra black burst added.

Looks like you got one of the last walnut/bloodwood necks.

Dies_Irae77

Postby Dies_Irae77 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:52 pm

The thin blackburst turned out exactly as I hoped, and it goes well with Nightburst.

Yea, I noticed on the new virtual builder that they were no longer selling Walnut/Bloodwood necks. Shame. Good thing I grabbed one. It looks amazing!
New owner of a Kiesel!
Guitars: Kiesel Vader VM8 (2021), Gibson Les Paul Studio Fireburst (2008), Ibanez RG8004, Takamine G440C Acoustic
Bass Guitars: Ernie Ball Music Man 25th Anniversary Reflex 5-String HSS, Fender Jazz Bass (Made in Mexico), Fender Kingman Acoustic Bass

Rocky
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Rocky » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:51 pm

Wow ! Looks great. The Vader is such a remarkable instrument. It's light and comfortable to play. I have the thinner neck profile which I like because I have small hands. The lithium pickups sound great to me. I am not sure I would buy a conventional 8 string, they just seem too big for me. IMHO, the Vader is one of Kiesel's greatest accomplishments.

ElfDude

Postby ElfDude » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:02 am

Wonderful!!!
:applause: :applause: :applause:
Aries A6H, CS6M, SH445, Contour 66, AE185, DC135, CT4M, Bolt, Bolt T, SH225, LB76F, Nomad, VT16 Head, V410, Pro Bass 100
Midlife Crisis on Facebook
The Tri-Chevys on Facebook

Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Photo Gallery