Pics from Kiesel/Carvin's social media

Post Pictures of Your Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Gear - No Cowbelling!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, soundchick, peb, ChrisH, Bundy, RockCrue

User avatar
spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite
Posts: 19568
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Re: Pics from Kiesel/Carvin's social media

Postby spudmunkey » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:43 pm

Screenshot_20220710-234132_Instagram.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Please REGISTER or LOG IN.

User avatar
wickid
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Posts: 2728
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: NY
Links/Contact:

Re: Pics from Kiesel/Carvin's social media

Postby wickid » Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:40 am

spudmunkey wrote:Screenshot_20220710-234132_Instagram.jpg


Oooh. Ahh. 8)
(I know the pic wont show up in this quote. Midnite blue / ash.)
This one may just make me go test out the guitar builder … once again.

2 versions I came up with …
(both in the $2k range)

BlueAshDelos2022a.jpg


BlueAshDelos2022b.jpg


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Please REGISTER or LOG IN.
Proud Carvin owner since 1985! My Carvin gear time capsule...

Image

Dont miss the purple CT6!
(Any photobucket links are probably now broken. Grrrrrr!!!)

User avatar
spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite
Posts: 19568
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Re: Pics from Kiesel/Carvin's social media

Postby spudmunkey » Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:00 am

I can't quite put my finger on why I'm drawn to it...I'll admit, it's a bit goofy, but I dig it. :)

helldorado
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Posts: 1409
Joined: Jan 2018

Re: Pics from Kiesel/Carvin's social media

Postby helldorado » Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:26 am

The select midnight blue looks a lot better under the spotlights than it does in the builder. I'm not even sure if I've seen them post that color up before.

But I do have a feeling it's probably fairly dark when not under direct, bright light.

User avatar
spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite
Posts: 19568
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Re: Pics from Kiesel/Carvin's social media

Postby spudmunkey » Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:18 pm

A unique pickup config...

293428317_3255810964702183_1631082978649507866_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Please REGISTER or LOG IN.

User avatar
spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite
Posts: 19568
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Re: Pics from Kiesel/Carvin's social media

Postby spudmunkey » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:05 pm

Crackle over trans nightburst on ash:

Capture.JPG


FB_IMG_1658266055911.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Please REGISTER or LOG IN.

User avatar
UnexplodedCow
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Posts: 1997
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Omnipresence nearly achieved!

Re: Pics from Kiesel/Carvin's social media

Postby UnexplodedCow » Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:44 pm

Nightburst is amazing in itself. As a crackle - it adds that over the top look. I like it. A lot. Wish they'd had this when I'd ordered mine four years ago.
We are entitled to our own, wrong, opinions.

Guitar theorem: G=X+1 where G= guitars one needs, and X = guitars one has.

Do or do not; there is no understand.

helldorado
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Posts: 1409
Joined: Jan 2018

Re: Pics from Kiesel/Carvin's social media

Postby helldorado » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:12 pm

Kiesel: We can't do select stains + antique ash.

Also Kiesel: Look, here's select aurora blue + antique ash!

294549605_3259669277649685_6677752658108268737_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Please REGISTER or LOG IN.

User avatar
spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite
Posts: 19568
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Re: Pics from Kiesel/Carvin's social media

Postby spudmunkey » Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:18 pm

Yeah, I saw that one. At first I assumed it was an Aurora-colored "Rad Ash".

helldorado
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Posts: 1409
Joined: Jan 2018

Re: Pics from Kiesel/Carvin's social media

Postby helldorado » Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:10 am

It's so hard to capture, it's not on the builder and I've never even heard them mention it before.

I'm really starting to wonder if the guys that handle the social media have any idea what the sales guys tell customers. I can only imagine the headache they create hyping up builds that are non-standard upcharge options or things that aren't even supposed to be allowed to be ordered.

Like if I called up to order this finish, I'm sure it's a custom color with the extra upcharge, but the post makes it sound like it's a standard colorshift option. :soapbox: If they took half the effort they put into social media posts, and made them catalog what the "off-menu" options are every time they post one up, they'd stop with this. :lol:

2022-07-25_13-04-32.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Please REGISTER or LOG IN.

User avatar
spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite
Posts: 19568
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Re: Pics from Kiesel/Carvin's social media

Postby spudmunkey » Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:33 pm

They have posted about it before, and even 3 years ago they said it was "Another one of the color shift finish options we offer." :laughhard:

https://www.facebook.com/kieselguitars/ ... 802093507/

helldorado
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Posts: 1409
Joined: Jan 2018

Re: Pics from Kiesel/Carvin's social media

Postby helldorado » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:30 am

spudmunkey wrote:They have posted about it before, and even 3 years ago they said it was "Another one of the color shift finish options we offer." :laughhard:

https://www.facebook.com/kieselguitars/ ... 802093507/


"Jeff stated on last weeks Q&A that you can check out any of the "house of colors" color shifts and we can do those."

They fail to mention it's a custom color charge on top of the color shift charge. Do you really "offer" something when it's special order and there's a special charge for it? IMO it's "offered" when it's regular option, it's a special order when it has a special charge.

User avatar
spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite
Posts: 19568
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Re: Pics from Kiesel/Carvin's social media

Postby spudmunkey » Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:19 pm

Screenshot_20220726-121618_Instagram.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Please REGISTER or LOG IN.

User avatar
spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite
Posts: 19568
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Re: Pics from Kiesel/Carvin's social media

Postby spudmunkey » Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:23 pm

Transparent Color shift over Antique Ash...I'm digging this a lot.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.jpg

Capture4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Please REGISTER or LOG IN.

PaleBlueDot
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Oct 2021

Re: Pics from Kiesel/Carvin's social media

Postby PaleBlueDot » Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:11 pm

helldorado wrote:
spudmunkey wrote:They have posted about it before, and even 3 years ago they said it was "Another one of the color shift finish options we offer." :laughhard:

https://www.facebook.com/kieselguitars/ ... 802093507/


"Jeff stated on last weeks Q&A that you can check out any of the "house of colors" color shifts and we can do those."

They fail to mention it's a custom color charge on top of the color shift charge. Do you really "offer" something when it's special order and there's a special charge for it? IMO it's "offered" when it's regular option, it's a special order when it has a special charge.


How much on top of the $400 color shift is it?

helldorado
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Posts: 1409
Joined: Jan 2018

Re: Pics from Kiesel/Carvin's social media

Postby helldorado » Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:38 pm

PaleBlueDot wrote:
helldorado wrote:
spudmunkey wrote:They have posted about it before, and even 3 years ago they said it was "Another one of the color shift finish options we offer." :laughhard:

https://www.facebook.com/kieselguitars/ ... 802093507/


"Jeff stated on last weeks Q&A that you can check out any of the "house of colors" color shifts and we can do those."

They fail to mention it's a custom color charge on top of the color shift charge. Do you really "offer" something when it's special order and there's a special charge for it? IMO it's "offered" when it's regular option, it's a special order when it has a special charge.


How much on top of the $400 color shift is it?


Not sure, because the upcharge for a custom color depends on what type of color it is. But it could easily take the $400 standard color shift cost and double it.

User avatar
OotMagroot
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Posts: 1432
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: From parts unknown!

Re: Pics from Kiesel/Carvin's social media

Postby OotMagroot » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:32 pm

I head on the Q&A that Jeff said colorshift finishes were available over antique ash and I was wondering how that worked. I thought the colorshift colors were all opaque. Guess not.

User avatar
spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite
Posts: 19568
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Re: Pics from Kiesel/Carvin's social media

Postby spudmunkey » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:38 pm

OotMagroot wrote:I head on the Q&A that Jeff said colorshift finishes were available over antique ash and I was wondering how that worked. I thought the colorshift colors were all opaque. Guess not.


The color shift layer is normally applied over a black base coat. The color only really appears when it's on top of something dark. If you put it over natural maple, or white, it'd be nearly invisible (at least in photos).

This means that it can, indeed, be applied over something like Antique Ash, or the "deep" stained figured maple. However, the color that shows is less visible in the lighter areas, and the color is less "punchy" than if it were over opaque black.

A couple of examples:
41229764_2187036094913014_5605504849010491392_n.jpg

69809948_2429171290699492_4514459928919801856_n.jpg

26850128_2025378337745458_2082014095191438127_o.jpg

295758424_3266106373672642_1622716801970094664_n.jpg

295805557_3266106377005975_4475322807404534003_n.jpg



This isn't a video...don't waste time trying to click "play" It was just a part of the screenshot. :lol:
hqdefault.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Please REGISTER or LOG IN.


Return to Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Photo Gallery

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests