My 1st Kiesel- Aries NeckThru in Rad Green with blackburst

Expecting some new gear from Kiesel Guitars? Post here!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, ChrisH, Bundy, RockCrue, soundchick, peb

TritoneChris

My 1st Kiesel- Aries NeckThru in Rad Green with blackburst

Postby TritoneChris » Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:40 pm

So excited...wish I could see what it will look like though...the 5-6 month wait
Is going to be sooooo long.
1. Mahogany body and neck
2. Royal Ebony fretboard
3. Metallic Radiation green with blackburst
4. Gloss finish
5. Baryllium bridge pup and Holdsworth neck pup
6. Black hardware
7. Diamond inlays abalone
8. Black logo on matching headstock

Is it November yet?

TritoneChris

Re: My 1st Kiesel- Aries NeckThru in Rad Green with blackburst

Postby TritoneChris » Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:42 pm

If anyone has any picture of an aries model in rad green with blackburst I'd love to see a pic...can't seem to find any that match my specs.

helldorado
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby helldorado » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:32 pm

Congrats!

It can be tough to find a specific combination of model and finish. Radiation green metallic is what I consider a "classic" color in that it's been around for years, so it predates the switchover to Kiesel and the introduction of the Aries model. It has seemingly dropped in popularity since Kiesel Racing Green was introduced so there's fewer examples on recent builds. The most common use of RGM I can think of in recent years is as a burst over flamed saber green So while you might not find it on an Aries, you can find other instances, particularly on Carvin models What's really odd is that the gallery only has two examples of RGM and they're both a Type-X. :?

This is the Zeus that used RGM as a burst color over Green Saber.

TritoneChris

Postby TritoneChris » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:57 pm

Thanks for the pics and the info...the reason I was hoping for an aries with my colors is because I believe the blackburst will cover the whole bevel and I wanted to see how much green is left on the top

helldorado
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby helldorado » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:10 pm

TritoneChris wrote:Thanks for the pics and the info...the reason I was hoping for an aries with my colors is because I believe the blackburst will cover the whole bevel and I wanted to see how much green is left on the top

It will. They spray the burst to the edges of the flat top, and the entire bevel. You'll get a look like this, but in green instead of gray.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:36 pm

At least one of those Rad Green type-x guitars was made for Lizard Spit's NAMM 2020 booth.

I will day that KRG is a brighter green, but Radiation Green's metallic-ness is super cool. A really really cool finish. In my minds eye of my next Delos or HD, Radiation Green is one option near the top of the list of possible colors.

TritoneChris

Postby TritoneChris » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:31 pm

helldorado wrote:
TritoneChris wrote:I will day that KRG is a brighter green, but Radiation Green's metallic-ness is super cool. A really really cool finish. In my minds eye of my next Delos or HD, Radiation Green is one option near the top of the list of possible colors.

YeAah, my original hope was to have a metallic emerald green with blackburst but there's no emerald available...but I have to say the RAD is growing on me very fast, the more pics I see the more I'm liking the colour

helldorado
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby helldorado » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:45 pm

Unfortunately the only way to get a metallic emerald green would be the custom route. They do have a translucent emerald green, but not as a solid color. The only way to really use trans emerald is over silver metal flake for a sparkle finish.

That would look like this.

TritoneChris

Postby TritoneChris » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:24 pm

helldorado wrote:Unfortunately the only way to get a metallic emerald green would be the custom route. They do have a translucent emerald green, but not as a solid color. The only way to really use trans emerald is over silver metal flake for a sparkle finish.

That would look like this.

That actually looks really nice but I'm stuck on the RAD grn now anyway LOL

helldorado
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby helldorado » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:51 am

TritoneChris wrote:That actually looks really nice but I'm stuck on the RAD grn now anyway LOL

Which is good, because what I didn't mention is that sparkle is a $640 finish, lol. $600 for silver metal flake and $40 for the trans color on top.

TritoneChris

Postby TritoneChris » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:15 am

helldorado wrote:
TritoneChris wrote:That actually looks really nice but I'm stuck on the RAD grn now anyway LOL

Which is good, because what I didn't mention is that sparkle is a $640 finish, lol. $600 for silver metal flake and $40 for the trans color on top.

Ouch!

TritoneChris

Postby TritoneChris » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:05 pm

After careful consideration I decided to forego the Aries and get a DC600H instead...The bevel on the Aries will just have too much real estate for a blackburst...the DC looks incredible with it though.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:58 pm

TritoneChris wrote:After careful consideration I decided to forego the Aries and get a DC600H instead...The bevel on the Aries will just have too much real estate for a blackburst...the DC looks incredible with it though.

The other alternative is a "perimeter burst" on an Aries, where they follow the outline of the body, not the outline of the flat top.

o6x-b-waln-thnn-stf-rwf-iod-imp-pcb-dslb-50-redcaliburst-141963_gallery.jpg

155456563_3777389095654335_6243096653841660695_n.jpg

154693066_3777382862321625_8872775922392729598_n.jpg

156432476_3777395282320383_8662548735099047370_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Please REGISTER or LOG IN.

TritoneChris

Postby TritoneChris » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:28 am

Oh nice, the perimeter burst looks good, but I have already switched to DC and I'm happy with it, not actually sure the rad green with black perimeter burst would give the look I was going for although it does look good, it's not exactly what I had in my mind.
Side note : I just saw the deposit charged to my credit card...I don't recall ever feeling so happy about a CC charge appearing on my Visa LOL

Return to The Waiting Room