Hipshot tremolo bridge

General Technical Discussion

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, soundchick, peb, ChrisH, Bundy, RockCrue

greg54

Hipshot tremolo bridge

Postby greg54 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:16 pm

On my Strats I have the bridge flush with the body, becuase I don't like the way the strings get higher off the fretboard as they go up the neck. I don't like that tremolo system.

So I was wondering about the Hipshot tremolo bridge on Kiesel's. I'm sure they do, but do the strings get higher on the fretboard as they go up the neck, or do they stay pretty even beyond the 12th fret?

I'm asking because if the strings don't rise on the fretboard but stay even over the entire neck, I would like to get a tremolo bridge when I order my Zeus.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Re: Hipshot tremolo bridge

Postby spudmunkey » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:32 pm

One question is: are you looking for the trem to be decked so that the trem doesn't have pull back (dive only)? Because if that's what you're looking for, Kiesel doesn't install the Hipshot terms like that. They are always full-floating. The only trem they have that is "decked" (dive only) is the Gotoh 510 trem, and is only that way on the Delos, and only on the 22-fret version. But in either case, trem posts are adjustable so you could lower the trem if you need to, if the saddles don't go low enough for you.

greg54

Postby greg54 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:58 pm

I was wondering about a full-floating trem. And you answered my question. I'm not going to get a tremolo bridge.
Thanks for the reply!

UnexplodedCow
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby UnexplodedCow » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:57 am

The strings don't particularly rise during the length of the neck. If they do, that's going to be a neck angle issue - not something that's usually an issue on neck-thru models, and if it happens, is typically caused by relief to a degree. A neck reset would be required if it's a set neck, and the angle is off.

If the guitar is a bolt-on neck, then it can be adjusted by shimming the neck in the pocket to adjust the neck break angle. Relief will also help, but shimming the neck is pretty normal.
We are entitled to our own, wrong, opinions.

Guitar theorem: G=X+1 where G= guitars one needs, and X = guitars one has.

Do or do not; there is no understand.

Return to Tech Talk